Want to make a little extra cash working at night? But don’t want to deal with a commute, or do difficult, tiring tasks, such as working at a factory or 24/7 restaurant?
It makes sense you would want to do this — who doesn’t want a little extra money? But if work from home overnight jobs sound too good to be true, they’re not.
Thanks to the digital revolution, there are lots of opportunities for you to make some decent money without killing your body. Many of these jobs are in digital marketing, a field that is not only in-demand but that also commands competitive salaries. And they also allow you to work as much or as little as you want, meaning you can fit them into your existing schedule without too much effort.
Below, we’re going to discuss some of the benefits of work from home night jobs, and introduce you to five positions that you should really consider if you’re looking to work 3rd shift from home.
Benefits of Work From Home Overnight Jobs
In addition to making a little extra cash, here are some of the benefits of remote night jobs:
- Relaxed work environment — What could be more relaxing than your home? With other third shift jobs, you need to be out in the world. And depending on the work, this can be really stressful. No one needs that at 3am, so best to stick to something that lets you work from your house. Oh, and you can totally do this job in your pjs. Nothing bad about that!
- Fewer distractions — If you have children or live with other people, then working from home during the day can be really difficult. There is always something stealing your attention. But if you’re working a night shift with your remote job, then you should have lots of peace and quiet to get the job done.
- More autonomy — Because you’ll be doing night time work from home, chances are you will be working independently. Whoever you’re working with is likely going to be asleep while you’re working. This means you can work at your own pace without having to worry about being distracted. For this reason, many of these positions are more creatively-inclined, making them fantastic jobs for artistic people.
- New opportunities — Successfully working a night job from home is a great test of will and discipline, and so it can be a great way to show future employers what you can do. This, plus the fact that you’ll be developing in-demand skills, means these jobs can open up lots more opportunities for you down the road.
Downsides of Work From Home Night Jobs
As with anything in life, working night shift remote jobs has its ups and downs. And while this is going to be a great option for many people, we want to make sure you’re fully aware of what you’re getting yourself into when you start this type of job.
Some of the biggest drawbacks of night time remote jobs are:
- Burnout risk — If you’re also working a full-time job during the day and then you want to also work the night shift part time (or full time), you run the risk of burning the candle at both ends. And if you’re not careful, this can take a real toll on your mental and physical well-being. If you decide to do this, just make sure you’re taking on responsibilities that still allow you to care for yourself.
- Sleep schedule — Our bodies are designed to sleep at night. When the sun goes down, our bodies release chemicals that start to relax us and prepare us for rest. If you’re working from home at night, you’ll be fighting against this. It is possible to adjust to a new schedule. But as you settle into this routine, make sure you’re getting enough sleep so that you can maintain proper health.
- Less assistance — Unless you’re working on a team or with clients that are also working overnight, you’ll be entirely on your own when completing tasks. As mentioned above, this can be an advantage. But if you run into an issue and need some help, your messages may go unanswered until the morning. So, make sure you plan ahead and resolve any doubts a day or two before work is due so that you don’t miss deadlines because you needed help at 2 am.
5 Remote Night Jobs You Should Consider
Now that you’ve got a better idea of what to expect when working third shift from home, here are five positions you should consider:
SEO stands for search engine optimization, and it’s a huge industry in today’s world. Businesses benefit greatly when they can attract organic traffic from search engines, and there is a whole science (and art) behind getting web pages to appear near the top of search results.
It involves learning how to properly design and set up websites, write engaging, optimized blog content, promote your website to others, and much more.
If you can learn these skills, then you can become very valuable, allowing you to pick and choose the work you do, as well as how much you do. And because everything takes place online, you can do it whenever you want, even overnight.
Don’t know anything about SEO? Don’t worry. You can learn. Sign up for In Demand’s full training program and get all the tools you need to succeed as an SEO specialist and win lots of work from home night jobs.
PPC refers to “pay-per-click,” and it’s a form of online advertising that is very important in today’s world. Essentially, as the name suggests, it’s a type of advertisement in which the company pays each time someone clicks on the ad.
Examples can be found all over the internet. For example, the first few search results on Google often say “Ad.” These are PPC, and so are many social media ads, as well as the display ads we see on other websites and before YouTube videos.
Because advertisers have to pay each time someone clicks, it’s important their message is on-point. If people are clicking but not buying, then they’re just wasting money.
Therefore, understanding user intent, and being able to create catchy, relevant copy is key. If you can learn these skills, then you can have a job anytime you want. And, again, because it’s all online, you can work this job overnight, adding to your primary gig and boosting your income.
Online English Teacher
English is the language of the world. Thanks to the vastness of the British empire during the 20th century, and then the rise of American influence since the end of WWII, the whole world speaks English. Or, at least they want to.
This means there is huge demand for English teachers, particularly those who speak the language natively, meaning it’s your first language. But there is nowhere near enough supply, especially in Asia.
As a result, there are lots of remote teaching positions available, and you can do them at night because of the difference in time zones. Beijing, for example, is twelve hours ahead of Eastern U.S. time, meaning you can hold a class at 2 a.m. that will be at 2 p.m. for your Chinese students.
These jobs can be a lot of fun and also very rewarding. There’s nothing quite like helping others learn. However, if you’ve never taught before, there will be a learning curve in terms of lesson planning. But most language academies will help you out, and once you get the hang of it, this can be a fantastic work from home part time night job.
While English is the language of the world, there is nothing like speaking one’s mother tongue. Therefore, while there is great demand for teachers, there is also tremendous demand for translators.
If you happen to speak another language besides your native language, you can find lots of work translating. You can translate official documents for people, or video scripts, articles, books, medical information, and so much more.
Of course, breaking into this field can take some time. And you may need to get some certifications to prove you’re qualified. But once you do this, you’ll find there is lots of high-paying work to be had. Plus, since many of your clients will likely come from overseas, you can also do this pretty much whenever you want, making this a great third shift remote job that you can nicely fit into your schedule.
Social Media Marketer
Another position within the world of digital marketing that makes for a great night time remote job is social media marketer.
As you probably know, social media is a rather big deal these days. Brands use it to connect and engage with their audiences, as well as to reach new people and grow. Therefore, creating an effective strategy, and executing it, is essential to succeed.
When you work as a social media marketer, you will be responsible for developing this strategy, as well as creating the content, among many other things.
You can do this at any time of the day thanks to the many tools that are out there to help you. They allow you to create content and set when it gets published, so you can design it at 3am and then post it at a time when your audience will actually see it.
Again, if you don’t know how this works, or you’re unsure of how to break in, don’t worry. You can learn. Do our free training program to get an idea of what you can expect, and once you see all the opportunities available, we’ll sure you’ll want to go deeper and make this your overnight work from home job.
Start Earning More Money Working 3rd Shift From Home
These five work from home night jobs represent just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what’s out there. In the end, a lot of these positions are in digital marketing, which is why it pays so much to learn about this field. But there are other routes you can take.
No matter which way you go, though, just remember that the sky’s the limit. Start small by taking on one or two gigs, and before you know it, you’ll be overflowing with work, leading to a higher income and a better quality of life.